Code of Conduct Policy
Approved September 14, 2021
Amended June 13, 2022
The American Council of the Blind Next Generation (hereinafter referred to as ACBNG) is committed to maintaining the integrity of its events by creating a welcoming, professional, safe, and respectful environment for all who attend and/or participate in its events. The term “events” shall include conferences, meetings, functions, or any other gatherings sponsored or convened by ACBNG whether live, electronic communication, virtual or hybrid.
All participants at ACBNG events are required to adhere to this Code of Conduct policy as drafted and adopted by the ACBNG Board of Directors. This policy defines prohibited conduct as including, but not limited to:
• unwelcome verbal, visual, or physical conduct on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identification, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law,
• disrespectful, offensive and/or threatening conduct, verbal abuse, stalking, bullying, violence, or intimidation, or;
• the recording and disseminating of content of ACBNG meetings and events without attribution and prior written permission of the ACBNG Board of Directors.
Any person who believes that he or she has experienced or witnessed behavior prohibited by this policy should report the conduct to the ACBNG Board of Directors either by:
1) sending an e-amail to email@example.com,
2) contacting any member of the Board of Directors in writing, or;
3) contacting any member of the Board of Directors to request to make a recorded statement on an ACBNG Zoom line.
Upon receipt of an allegation reported under this policy, ACBNG will investigate, and the ACBNG Board of Directors or their designees will thereafter determine what, if any, action will be taken based on the circumstances. Such action may include banning the individual from the event where the conduct is determined to have occurred, and any future events.
Nothing in this policy shall limit or preclude the free exchange of ideas and/or opinions so long as such exchange does not involve threats or other prohibited behavior as defined in this policy.